During a bittersweet day for throwing fans, one man’s big throws were beaten by one throw in Hengelo. Sweet, in that the mighty Pole Piotr Malachowski rode the winds to a glorious PB and world leading throw of 71,84m (235′ 8″). Bitter, in that fan favorite and overall great guy Robert Harting’s win streak came […]
Tagged: World Lead
Robert Harting’s goal was it to get closer to the 70m during his next competitons. Two weeks ago he opened the season with 68,31m (224′ 1″) in Wiesbaden and was not really satisfied with his technique. Today in Eugene he won the Diamond League Meeting with impressive 69,75m (228′ 10″). Today at the 4th Diamond […]
Czech shot putter Ladislav Prášil glided his 16 pound ball out to a massive 21.47m (70′ 5″) in Potchefstroom, South Africa. Along with many European athletes, he is in Africa for warm weather training camp as part of his build-up to the August 15 and 16 world championships in Moscow. According to the Czech Athletic Association this competition was part of the […]
LAWRENCE, Kan. – For the third-straight year a gathering of the world’s top shot putters helped kick off the Kansas Relays as the 86th running of the historic meet began Wednesday in Lawrence. Ryan Whiting claimed the title in the third-annual Elite Shot Put event, coming from behind to defeat defending champion and 2012 Olympic […]
It was the three Ws – Julian Wruck, another Weekend, another World lead. Just off the plane for the Australian championships, the 21-year-old hurled the Discus an impressive 66.32m, a third world lead to add to the previous two weekend efforts of 66.01m in Texas on 30 March and 66.05m in Los Angeles last weekend. […]
- Jeremy Campbell – Closing the Gap November 18, 2013
- Spend Time with Throwing Titans November 17, 2013
- Moths in a Lampshade October 15, 2013
- Throws Innovation № 1: The Use of Heavy and Light Throwing Implements October 11, 2013
- Throws Innovation № 2: The Glide and Rotational Shot Put Techniques October 8, 2013
- Kathrin Klaas: Positionpaper Hammerthrow – Integration of the hammer throw September 9, 2013
- Javelin Throw Debate May 16, 2013
- World lead for Julian Wruck with impressive 66.32m! April 16, 2013
- Secrets, Stories and The Frontier of Throwing (Long Read) September 4, 2013
- Germán Lauro improves the national record to 20,98m April 27, 2013
andreas thorkildsen Anna Rüh benn harradine betty heidler christian cantwell daegu 2011 david storl diamond league Discus discus throw dylan armstrong ehsan hadadi erik cadee gerd kanter Hammer hammer throw iaaf world challenge jacko gill javelin throw julian wruck jurgen schult kathrin klaas kibwe johnson lawrence okoye london 2012 Martin Wierig mart israel matthias de zordo Nadine Mülller Olympic Games omar el ghazaly piotr malachowski reese hoffa robert fazekas robert harting ryan whiting samsung diamond league sandra perkovic shot put tero pitkamaki throwing tomasz majewski valerie adams virgilijus alekna world championships
- Philipp says: After all, Scrabble is all about vocabulary AND strategy. Colorix Lite...
- langia ndikum nukuna brice says: BRICE LANGIA discuswrnewpb75myear2014,
- Frans Groenewald says: Please can someone direct me to a Nike agent is South...
- Tony D says: Great series. And here are two future throws innovations I...
- Jose Rivera Marquez says: And for young athletes. What training is the best and in...
Piotr Malachowski 71,84m Robert Harting 69,91m Benn Harradine 68,20m Julian Wruck 68,16m Martin Wierig 67,46m Ehsan Hadadi 66,98m Gerd Kanter 66,97m Brett Morse 66,84m Lois M. Martinez 66,98m Casey Malone 66,00m Ryan Whiting 22.28m Reese Hoffa 21.71m Justin Rodhe 21.29m Germán Lauro 21.26m Ryan Crouser 21.09m Kurt Roberts 20.98m Joe Kovacs 20.82m Georgi Ivanov 20.75m Tim Nedow 20.74m Marin Premeru 20.59m
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets