The first leg of Diamond League series 2013 started in Doha with a great adrenaline and show. In the men´s shot put Ryan Whiting threw a huge 22.28m (73’1″) to take the new world lead and also the new meeting record. Additionally, the 22.28m (73’1″) ranks him 12th in the all time shot put list. Germán [...]
Tagged: sandra perkovic
The Borisa Hanzekovica memorial meet, which took place on 4 September in Zagreb, featured a star-studded cast with Croatia’s first ever Olympic gold medallist, Sandra Perkovic, taking pride of place. And Perkovic didn’t disappoint the home crowd, the 22-year-old from Zagreb winning comfortably with a new meeting record of 65.79m in the second round. The [...]
Finally the entry lists for the London Olympic Games are out! As a service for all our fans Throwholics cut the official list down to the throwing events. The final list of all THROWING EVENTS If you like to check the official list for the other events please visit this post HERE
Statisticians A. Lennart Julin (SWE) and Mirko Jalava (FIN) continue their eight-part ‘End of Season’ 2011 review with the THROWS. – Men’s Throws – Shot Put USA is very much – almost as in the 1950’s and 1960’s – the leading power in this event as evidenced in 2011 by three of the top-five and six of the top-12 on the yearly [...]
The reigning European champion Sandra Perković (CRO ) has tested positive for a banned stimulant. She now faces a two-year ban. Her club Dinamo Zrinjevac announced that the 21-year-old Perković tested positive for methylhexanamine after last month’s Diamond League meetings in Rome and Shanghai. Dinamo says the women´s discus sensation Perković claimed to be ignorant [...]
Here´s the video of Sandra Perkovic´s historical throw at the Croatian Cup (05/05/2011) in Varazdin. Congratulations Sandra Perković!
Sandra Perković (CRO) who threw 69.99m in the women´s discus (at the Croatian Cup on 5th of June) – world´s best result in 12 years – is obviously the Thrower Of The Week. Her new lifetime best also remarks the Croatian record. She is also a superior leader of the season´s top list. Second place [...]
Sandra Perković (CRO), who turns 21 in couple of weeks, threw an unbelievable 69.99m at the Croatian Cup in Varazdin (05 June)! Nobody has thrown that far for 12 years! Natalya Sadova (RUS) managed to throw 70.02m in 1999, since then nobody has thrown close to this. Perković was the leader of the world this [...]
Top 10 2013
Robert Harting 68,31m Benn Harradine 68,20m Piotr Malachowski 67,34m Martin Wierig 66,50m Julian Wruck 66,32m Jason Morgan 65,94m Rutger Smith 65,91m Vikas Gowda 65,82m Ronald Juliao 65,55m Gerhard Mayer 65,16m Ryan Whiting 22.28m Reese Hoffa 21.71m Justin Rodhe 21.29m Germán Lauro 21.26m Ryan Crouser 21.09m Kurt Roberts 20.98m Joe Kovacs 20.82m Georgi Ivanov 20.75m Tim Nedow 20.74m Marin Premeru 20.59m
- Müller, Heidler and Storl are ready to bounce in Halle May 23, 2013
- With injuries behind him, Crouser calls the shots May 23, 2013
- CHING! Mayer Punches His Ticket to Moscow May 23, 2013
- Kibwé Johnson’s Recap: Mt SAC, Ashland Alumni May 23, 2013
- No stopping Harting as winning run goes to 34 May 22, 2013
- Javelin Throw Debate May 16, 2013
- World lead for Julian Wruck with impressive 66.32m! April 16, 2013
- Waltzing To Victory: An Interview With Luke Bryant April 16, 2013
- Shot Put talents from Germany following David Storl’s footsteps April 27, 2013
- Germán Lauro improves the national record to 20,98m April 27, 2013
andreas thorkildsen Anna Rüh benn harradine betty heidler bigbank kuldliiga christian cantwell daegu 2011 david storl diamond league Discus discus throw dylan armstrong ehsan hadadi erik cadee gerd kanter Hammer hammer throw iaaf world challenge jacko gill javelin throw julian wruck keshorn walcott kibwe johnson lawrence okoye london 2012 Martin Wierig mart israel matthias de zordo Nadine Mülller Olympic Games omar el ghazaly piotr malachowski reese hoffa robert fazekas robert harting rutger smith ryan whiting samsung diamond league sandra perkovic shot put tero pitkamaki tomasz majewski valerie adams virgilijus alekna world championships
- adam says: I think the good throwers of our time are just getting...
- Sadok Anani says: Like Axel Harstedt said , Zelezny pushed the other guys to...
- Axel Härstedt says: When comparing the olympic seasons of 1988-2012 one can find the...
- Axel Härstedt says: During the 27 seasons since the rule change there are 25...
- Stephen Simalchik says: This idea seems interesting, but I don't feel like you've fully...
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets