As we reported earlier Harting’s entry in the Werfer Cup was up in-the-air… until today. The reigning Olympic champ’s dinged-up knee cast doubt on his inclusion. But ring-a-ding-ding to Peter Schulte, the meeting director, who is ecstatic when Robert told him he will be in the 2.5m ring this Sunday. “Robert is not quite satisfied [...]
Tagged: robert harting
Cottbus born Robert Harting, current Olympic, World and European champion, may postpone the continuation of his discus win streak. While Throwholics would like to see the charismatic German begin his pursuit of Moscow gold at the Werfer Cup 2013 in Wiesbaden on Sunday, May the 19th, not even the SCC Berlin star can say for sure. “The organizers did their [...]
Two things are guaranteed at the Werfertage Halle, the sun will come up and some of the best throwing of 2013 will happen. Expectations run high for the 39th edition of the Werfertage Halle on the 25th and 26th of May. More than five hundred throwers from thirty nations are expected to visit and play with weapons [...]
February 5 – Olympic discus champion Robert Harting has raised more than €7,000 to help support Paralympic swimmer Daniela Schulte after auctioning more than 40 pieces of his personal clothing and memorabilia from London 2012. The German sold off a total of 35 items of clothing on the auction site Ebay, including vests, shirts, official practice kit and bags [...]
Robert Harting won a meet held in Berlin. In front of 54,000 spectators he threw 67.40m. It was the 33rd consecutive victory for him. The last time he lost was August 8, 2010. Virgilijus Alekna was second with 66.63m and Piotr Malachowski 3rd (66.17m). It was a high level meet in Berlin as 6 throwers [...]
The Olympic Champion 2008 Gerd Kanter has secured himself a second place finish in overall Diamond League standings. He is leading the list with 11p ahead of his closest rival Ehsan Hadadi (6p). BUT, in case of bad coincidences he can fall into 2nd. Below are 4 black scenarios called Ehsan Hadadi, Virgilijus Alekna, Piotr [...]
The Olympic champion Robert Harting won DL meet held in Birmingham today. Harting secured his 32th in-a-row victory with 66.64m effort that put him ahead of Estonia´s Gerd Kanter (65.79m). Virgilijus Alekna was third with 65.63m. DL standings: KANTER 11p HADADI 6p ALEKNA 5p
The reigning Olympic Champion Robert Harting had to spend his night in a nearby subway station in London. He slept on bench because thieves stole his sports bag and he was unable to enter the Olympic village. Inside the bag there were all his gear and accreditation card that is necessary to enter the village. [...]
- Kibwé Johnson: 2013 Technical Focus May 19, 2013
- Sarah Mayer and Bernhard Seifert with U23 qualification standards May 19, 2013
- Malachowski, Pitkämäki and Schwanitz Awaken the Giants in 上海’ May 18, 2013
- Kathrin Klaas: “WM qualification standard and then…” May 18, 2013
- Emotional Adversity May 18, 2013
- Javelin Throw Debate May 16, 2013
- World lead for Julian Wruck with impressive 66.32m! April 16, 2013
- Waltzing To Victory: An Interview With Luke Bryant April 16, 2013
- Shot Put talents from Germany following David Storl’s footsteps April 27, 2013
- Germán Lauro improves the national record to 20,98m April 27, 2013
andreas thorkildsen benn harradine betty heidler bigbank kuldliiga christian cantwell daegu 2011 david storl diamond league Discus discus throw dylan armstrong egypt ehsan hadadi erik cadee gerd kanter Hammer hammer throw iaaf world challenge jacko gill javelin throw julian wruck keshorn walcott kibwe johnson lawrence okoye london 2012 Martin Wierig mart israel matthias de zordo Nadine Mülller Olympic Games omar el ghazaly piotr malachowski reese hoffa robert fazekas robert harting rutger smith ryan whiting samsung diamond league sandra perkovic shot put tero pitkamaki tomasz majewski valerie adams virgilijus alekna world championships
- adam says: I think the good throwers of our time are just getting...
- Sadok Anani says: Like Axel Harstedt said , Zelezny pushed the other guys to...
- Axel Härstedt says: When comparing the olympic seasons of 1988-2012 one can find the...
- Axel Härstedt says: During the 27 seasons since the rule change there are 25...
- Stephen Simalchik says: This idea seems interesting, but I don't feel like you've fully...
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets