A few nights ago while watching the Sochi Olympic Games, I had an epiphany. I had competed in one of these fantastic spectacles! It wasn’t on ice or snow, but wow, I…did…that (#IDIDTHAT). The 2012 games in London represented the 16th year that I had thrown a discus! I remember thinking during the Olympic training […]
Tagged: london 2012
Russia´s Tatyana Lysenko won the women´s hammer throw final with the new Olympic record of 78.18m. The former WR holder Anita Wlodarczyk of Poland followed him with her season´s best 77.60m. Amazingly huge errors could happen even in such competitions as Olympic Games. After the WR holder Betty Heidler threw a way over 75m line […]
That was an amazing discus battle what we have seen tonight. World champion, European champion, Olympic champion, and all within 365 days: Robert Harting takes gold with 68,27m, Ehsan Hadadi silver 68,18m and Gerd Kanter 68,03 SB wins bronze! The 2012 Olympic Discus Final was one of the best ones in Olympic History! All medalists […]
Moldavian Hammer Thrower Marina Marghieva has been cancelled from the Olympic team of Moldova after a positive doping sample. This was announced by the Head of the National Olympic Committee, Nikolai Zhuravsky. A statement from the International Olympic Committee (IOC) is still pending. In addition to Marghieva, the discus thrower Natalia Artyk has been tested […]
The Polish Shot Putter Tomasz Majewski took Gold with 21,89m! David Storl became second with his new personal best of 21,86m and the american Reese Hoffa takes bronce with 21,23m. All in all this Shot Put Final was an epic battle! The promising Americans couldn’t show their best performances during the whole final. The first […]
London 2012 – Athletics, Day 1 Men´s shot put qualification ended up with Reese Hoffa´s win with 21.36m. Probably the most nerve racking experience went to Canadian team when Dylan Armstrong qualified with his final attempt of 20.49m. David Storl qualified with 21.15m and Tomasz Majewski followed him with 21.03m. The interesting fact is that […]
Today the 8th Schönebecker Solecup was held in Schönebeck, Germany. Martin Wierig competed against his German fellow throwers Markus Münch, Daniel Jasinski, Christoph Harting and Gordon Wolf. He launched a personal best in the second round with 68,33m. Martin Wierig launched with his first attempt already a new PB of 67,66m which would ranked him […]
Zoltan Kovago became the second Hungarian discus thrower to be kicked out of the Olympics on Thursday after he refused to undergo a drugs test, the country’s athletics federation said. Kogavo, who was a silver medallist at the 2004 Olympics in Athens, refused to provide a test sample, a move deemed as a positive test […]
- RUMOR: IAAF Hoping to Drop Hammer from Olympics March 13, 2014
- How the USA adapted in the Shot Put post-1995 and Why We Didn’t Adapt in the Discus March 9, 2014
- USA Hammer Throwing Needs a USA Approach [Part 1] March 20, 2014
- Kathrin Klaas: Positionpaper Hammerthrow – Integration of the hammer throw September 9, 2013
- Javelin Throw Debate May 16, 2013
andreas thorkildsen Anna Rüh benn harradine betty heidler christian cantwell christina schwanitz daegu 2011 david storl diamond league Discus discus throw dylan armstrong ehsan hadadi erik cadee gerd kanter Hammer hammer throw jacko gill javelin throw Julia Fischer kathrin klaas kibwe johnson lawrence okoye Linda Stahl london 2012 Martin Wierig mart israel matthias de zordo Melina Robert-Michon Nadine Mülller Olympic Games piotr malachowski reese hoffa robert harting ryan whiting samsung diamond league sandra perkovic Shanice Craft shot put tero pitkamaki tomasz majewski valerie adams virgilijus alekna World Champion world championships
- wayne says: Depends on your techniques and the rings you throw in. Most...
- wayne says: Hi Great write up and for the most part lots of great...
- 2014 US Championships Men’s Throws Guide « HMMR Media says: […] not broken the barrier is world indoor champion and defending...
- Dave Cantwell says: I think Street meets for the shot are great. Promotes...
- Leo says: He can probably stand 60m....
- Welcome to the biggest throwing community in the World!!! August 20, 2014Hey guys, thank you for joining the largest, yet most close-knit and multi-national throwing community in the world. Within this thread we will welcome from now on every single user! You guys can also reply and like a special welcome post if you want…Throwholics Bot
- ALS Ice Bucket Challenge August 20, 2014Hey everyone, within this thread we can collect the Track & Field athletes who take part in the great ALS Ice Bucket Challenge. Share any video which is related to the ALS Ice Bucket Challenge performed by an Track & Field athlete. The rules: Quote:…Florian van Dijck
- David Storl: “Lost my technical line” August 20, 2014Feedquote from Throwholics News: „First day, first gold medal: David Storl added after the World Championship gold in 2013 his second European Championships gold in Zurich, Switzerland: 21.41 meters. David Storl reveals in this interview why he did…Throwholics Bot
- Lena Urbaniak has the knack August 20, 2014Feedquote from Throwholics News: „Lena Urbaniak did it. After international success among the youth (U18) and Junior (U20) years the 21-year-old made is now for the first time in the national team of adults. Her recipe for success: fun and joy. Lena…Throwholics Bot
- The Writing on The Wall August 19, 2014Feedquote from Throwholics News: „Before we had the image recording software of today throwers yearned to see themselves throw, to see others throw and to make themselves look like the throws they could see throwing. Old film strips were often kept and…Throwholics Bot
- Linda Stahl hopes for change of mind at the ISTAF August 19, 2014Feedquote from Throwholics News: „The well known ISTAF meeting in Berlin is scheduled for the 31st of August this year. Unfortunately, the women’s javelin is not part of the current meeting program. Nevertheless, the meeting organiser promised to…Throwholics Bot
- Men's Javelin | 2014 Zürich EC August 19, 2014Men's Javelin | 2014 Zürich ECnekkari
- Nadine Müller: “I remain the number one” August 19, 2014Feedquote from Throwholics News: „In response to this article: Shanice Craft shakes the German discus-throne Nadine Müller, Germany’s best discus thrower, recently had weaker results. In training Nadine always scolds about herself. Now there…Throwholics Bot
- European Championship 2016 | Amsterdam August 18, 2014Amsterdam reveal plan to spread events at 2016 European Athletics Championships around Dutch capital - insidethegames.biz - Olympic, Paralympic and Commonwealth Games News "With the Olympic Stadium we already have an iconic venue for the European…Norm Zylstra
- Brian Oldfield (USA) "The Big O" and all that involves August 18, 2014Feedquote from Throwholics News: „Brian Oldfield via Facebook July 17 at 10:15am · I would like to discuss the South African as an element of the liner method of throwing either shot or discus. This pathway is achieved best facing the center of…Sam Fillious
- Welcome to the biggest throwing community in the World!!! August 20, 2014
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets