A few nights ago while watching the Sochi Olympic Games, I had an epiphany. I had competed in one of these fantastic spectacles! It wasn’t on ice or snow, but wow, I…did…that (#IDIDTHAT). The 2012 games in London represented the 16th year that I had thrown a discus! I remember thinking during the Olympic training […]
Tagged: london 2012
Russia´s Tatyana Lysenko won the women´s hammer throw final with the new Olympic record of 78.18m. The former WR holder Anita Wlodarczyk of Poland followed him with her season´s best 77.60m. Amazingly huge errors could happen even in such competitions as Olympic Games. After the WR holder Betty Heidler threw a way over 75m line […]
That was an amazing discus battle what we have seen tonight. World champion, European champion, Olympic champion, and all within 365 days: Robert Harting takes gold with 68,27m, Ehsan Hadadi silver 68,18m and Gerd Kanter 68,03 SB wins bronze! The 2012 Olympic Discus Final was one of the best ones in Olympic History! All medalists […]
Moldavian Hammer Thrower Marina Marghieva has been cancelled from the Olympic team of Moldova after a positive doping sample. This was announced by the Head of the National Olympic Committee, Nikolai Zhuravsky. A statement from the International Olympic Committee (IOC) is still pending. In addition to Marghieva, the discus thrower Natalia Artyk has been tested […]
The Polish Shot Putter Tomasz Majewski took Gold with 21,89m! David Storl became second with his new personal best of 21,86m and the american Reese Hoffa takes bronce with 21,23m. All in all this Shot Put Final was an epic battle! The promising Americans couldn’t show their best performances during the whole final. The first […]
London 2012 – Athletics, Day 1 Men´s shot put qualification ended up with Reese Hoffa´s win with 21.36m. Probably the most nerve racking experience went to Canadian team when Dylan Armstrong qualified with his final attempt of 20.49m. David Storl qualified with 21.15m and Tomasz Majewski followed him with 21.03m. The interesting fact is that […]
Today the 8th Schönebecker Solecup was held in Schönebeck, Germany. Martin Wierig competed against his German fellow throwers Markus Münch, Daniel Jasinski, Christoph Harting and Gordon Wolf. He launched a personal best in the second round with 68,33m. Martin Wierig launched with his first attempt already a new PB of 67,66m which would ranked him […]
Zoltan Kovago became the second Hungarian discus thrower to be kicked out of the Olympics on Thursday after he refused to undergo a drugs test, the country’s athletics federation said. Kogavo, who was a silver medallist at the 2004 Olympics in Athens, refused to provide a test sample, a move deemed as a positive test […]
- RUMOR: IAAF Hoping to Drop Hammer from Olympics March 13, 2014
- How the USA adapted in the Shot Put post-1995 and Why We Didn’t Adapt in the Discus March 9, 2014
- USA Hammer Throwing Needs a USA Approach [Part 1] March 20, 2014
- Harting suggests to change the weights for the throwing implements September 10, 2014
- Kathrin Klaas: Positionpaper Hammerthrow – Integration of the hammer throw September 9, 2013
andreas thorkildsen Anna Rüh benn harradine betty heidler christian cantwell christina schwanitz daegu 2011 david storl diamond league Discus discus throw dylan armstrong ehsan hadadi erik cadee gerd kanter Hammer hammer throw jacko gill javelin throw Julia Fischer kathrin klaas kibwe johnson lawrence okoye Linda Stahl london 2012 Martin Wierig mart israel matthias de zordo Nadine Mülller Olympic Games piotr malachowski reese hoffa robert harting ryan whiting samsung diamond league sandra perkovic Shanice Craft shot put tero pitkamaki tomasz majewski valerie adams virgilijus alekna World Champion world championships World Record
- totohammer81 says: I think it's stupid.
- moutaz says: .hi.this is moutaz from algeria have bachelor in communication and public...
- Keith says: This is bull. Especially coming from a German. I...
- Paul T says: good for you and frankly you speak for thousands of people...
- Nathaniel says: I understand Harting's sentiment, but I don't think it was prudent...
- analyse my shotput technique October 31, 2014CBSE games shotput 2014: youtu.be/5d1hP13vgT4Sam Healy
- Welcome to the biggest throwing community in the World!!! October 30, 2014Hey guys, thank you for joining the largest, yet most close-knit and multi-national throwing community in the world. Within this thread we will welcome from now on every single user! You guys can also reply and like a special welcome post if you want…Throwholics Bot
- Harting successful operated on October 29, 2014Feedquote from Throwholics News: „The current Olympic, World and European Champion Robert Harting had suffered a tear of the anterior cruciate ligament and the medical collateral ligament in his left knee in September. Today Harting announced his…Throwholics Bot
- 2015 Discus season preview October 28, 2014I have noticed that there are a lot of new throwers in the discus throw that are coming up the ranks and a lot of them have pretty good personal bests (63-66m) and I am curious to see how they perform next year. I would like to hear some more experienced…Loneranger
- The National Throws Coaches Conference is back! October 27, 2014Just wanted to update all of you. We are once again, after a several year absence, planning to have the 2014 National Throws Coaches Conference - complete with Clinic, Expo, and Throwers Hall of Fame Ceremonies (just as we did before). The dates are Oct…Florian van Dijck
- Harting complains about delay in sport lottery system October 26, 2014Feedquote from Throwholics News: „In the discussion about the still not granted promotional permission for the new German sports lottery discus gold medalist Robert Harting talked to Bild newspaper and complained about the delay. “It is pure…Throwholics Bot
- Schwarnitz begins rehab training soon October 26, 2014Feedquote from Throwholics News: „The German top shot putter and European Champion Christina Schwarnitz will start her rehab training in November. Shot Put European Champion Christina Schwarnitz is on a good way back in he ring after her knee surgery.…Throwholics Bot
- Denise Hinrichs’ comback October 26, 2014Feedquote from Throwholics News: „Denise Hinrichs is struggling with her shot put career the past four years. Worries about her knee injuries have slowed her down again and again. But giving up is not an option. For the upcoming indoor season Denise…Throwholics Bot
- Asian Games prep October 15, 2014Well, Seema is back in Southern California for a 5 week camp in preparation for the Asian Games. She took a week off after her Silver medal performance at the Common Wealth Games and now we are starting back at it and looking for some more hardware. We…Tony Ciarelli
- David Storl’s knee surgery went well October 14, 2014Feedquote from Throwholics News: „Shot put World and European Champion David Storl has been successfully operated on his left knee. “The surgey went great. Today I’m really relaxed. We have been going back home to Chemnitz,” said the…Throwholics Bot
- analyse my shotput technique October 31, 2014
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets