A few nights ago while watching the Sochi Olympic Games, I had an epiphany. I had competed in one of these fantastic spectacles! It wasn’t on ice or snow, but wow, I…did…that (#IDIDTHAT). The 2012 games in London represented the 16th year that I had thrown a discus! I remember thinking during the Olympic training […]
Tagged: london 2012
Russia´s Tatyana Lysenko won the women´s hammer throw final with the new Olympic record of 78.18m. The former WR holder Anita Wlodarczyk of Poland followed him with her season´s best 77.60m. Amazingly huge errors could happen even in such competitions as Olympic Games. After the WR holder Betty Heidler threw a way over 75m line […]
That was an amazing discus battle what we have seen tonight. World champion, European champion, Olympic champion, and all within 365 days: Robert Harting takes gold with 68,27m, Ehsan Hadadi silver 68,18m and Gerd Kanter 68,03 SB wins bronze! The 2012 Olympic Discus Final was one of the best ones in Olympic History! All medalists […]
Moldavian Hammer Thrower Marina Marghieva has been cancelled from the Olympic team of Moldova after a positive doping sample. This was announced by the Head of the National Olympic Committee, Nikolai Zhuravsky. A statement from the International Olympic Committee (IOC) is still pending. In addition to Marghieva, the discus thrower Natalia Artyk has been tested […]
The Polish Shot Putter Tomasz Majewski took Gold with 21,89m! David Storl became second with his new personal best of 21,86m and the american Reese Hoffa takes bronce with 21,23m. All in all this Shot Put Final was an epic battle! The promising Americans couldn’t show their best performances during the whole final. The first […]
London 2012 – Athletics, Day 1 Men´s shot put qualification ended up with Reese Hoffa´s win with 21.36m. Probably the most nerve racking experience went to Canadian team when Dylan Armstrong qualified with his final attempt of 20.49m. David Storl qualified with 21.15m and Tomasz Majewski followed him with 21.03m. The interesting fact is that […]
Today the 8th Schönebecker Solecup was held in Schönebeck, Germany. Martin Wierig competed against his German fellow throwers Markus Münch, Daniel Jasinski, Christoph Harting and Gordon Wolf. He launched a personal best in the second round with 68,33m. Martin Wierig launched with his first attempt already a new PB of 67,66m which would ranked him […]
Zoltan Kovago became the second Hungarian discus thrower to be kicked out of the Olympics on Thursday after he refused to undergo a drugs test, the country’s athletics federation said. Kogavo, who was a silver medallist at the 2004 Olympics in Athens, refused to provide a test sample, a move deemed as a positive test […]
- RUMOR: IAAF Hoping to Drop Hammer from Olympics March 13, 2014
- USA Hammer Throwing Needs a USA Approach [Part 1] March 20, 2014
- How the USA adapted in the Shot Put post-1995 and Why We Didn’t Adapt in the Discus March 9, 2014
- Nike Throwing Shoes, What’s the Difference? June 2, 2013
- Experience is Underrated March 28, 2014
andreas thorkildsen Anna Rüh benn harradine betty heidler christian cantwell christina schwanitz daegu 2011 david storl diamond league Discus discus throw dylan armstrong ehsan hadadi erik cadee gerd kanter Hammer hammer throw jacko gill javelin throw Julia Fischer kathrin klaas kibwe johnson lawrence okoye Linda Stahl london 2012 Martin Wierig mart israel matthias de zordo Nadine Mülller Olympic Games omar el ghazaly piotr malachowski reese hoffa robert harting ryan whiting samsung diamond league sandra perkovic Shanice Craft shot put tero pitkamaki tomasz majewski valerie adams virgilijus alekna World Champion world championships
- easy survey cash says: Hi! I've been reading your blog for a long time now...
- http://topelevenhackx.wordpress.com/ says: Very nice article. I definitely love this site. Keep writing! Feel free...
- cappuccino says: Aw, this was an incredibly good post. Spending some time and...
- Christian Louboutin Outlet says: My partner and I stumbled over here from a different website...
- Mircea says: I came, I read this article, I coduqeren.
- training July 26, 2014Does throwing everyday make you more prone to getting injuriedMostafa Amr Ahmed
- Matt Marcoccia | technique analysis (video) July 25, 2014youtube.com/watch?v=EqTFIVG8zrk This is from my meet last week I'm still working out a lot of things after being out for so long. My main issues right now are popping up out of the back and not having wide right leg out of the back. If there is…Matt Marcoccia
- Hammer trivia July 25, 2014So, as a trivia question, who can go deepest on the top all time female hammer throwers whose name is Britney or Brittany, or variations of spelling of that name?Amy Larson
- Women's Javelin | 2014 Glasgow CG July 25, 2014First # is 2013 yearly list ranking, any improvements in 2014 shown at end in parentheses: 3rd 66.60 Kim Mickle (Australia) (66.83) 9th 66.10 ('14) Kathryn Mitchell (Australia) 6th 64.51 Sunette Viljoen RSA (64.77A) 63.92m ('14) Kelsey-Lee Roberts…Sam Fillious
- Decathlon | 2014 Glasgow CG July 25, 2014First # is 2013 yearly list ranking, any improvements in 2014 shown at end in parentheses: 4 8512 Damian Warner CAN 13 8343 Willem Coertzen RSA 33 8070 Ashley Bryant GBRSam Fillious
- Heptathlon | 2014 Glasgow CG July 25, 2014First # is 2013 yearly list ranking, any improvements in 2014 shown at end in parentheses: 4th 6,530 Brianne Theisen-Eaton (Canada) 7th 6,449 Katarina Johnson-Thompson (Great Britain) 27th 6,050 Makeba Alcide (Saint Lucia)Sam Fillious
- Men's Hammer | 2014 Glasgow CG July 25, 2014First # is 2013 yearly list ranking, any improvements in 2014 shown at end in parentheses: 50th 74.46 Mark Dry (Great Britain)Sam Fillious
- Women's Shot Put | 2014 Glasgow CG July 25, 2014First # is 2013 yearly list ranking, any improvements in 2014 shown at end in parentheses: 1 20.98 Valerie Adams NZL 36 17.84 Cleopatra Borel TTO (19.10)Sam Fillious
- Women's Hammer | 2014 Glasgow CG July 25, 2014First # is 2013 yearly list ranking, any improvements in 2014 shown at end in parentheses: 19 72.97 Sophie Hitchon GBR 24 71.57 Sultana Frizell CAN (74.98) (and in 2014 70.28 Julia Ratcliffe NZL)Sam Fillious
- Badly made hammers or just unlucky? July 25, 2014So I brought a new hammer (head, wire and handle) just for training a few months ago which I wouldn't compete with, so I didn't spend a huge amount on it, about £40. Used it quite a few times and just like any training session I used it tonight and…TonyD
- training July 26, 2014
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets