A few nights ago while watching the Sochi Olympic Games, I had an epiphany. I had competed in one of these fantastic spectacles! It wasn’t on ice or snow, but wow, I…did…that (#IDIDTHAT). The 2012 games in London represented the 16th year that I had thrown a discus! I remember thinking during the Olympic training […]
Tagged: london 2012
Russia´s Tatyana Lysenko won the women´s hammer throw final with the new Olympic record of 78.18m. The former WR holder Anita Wlodarczyk of Poland followed him with her season´s best 77.60m. Amazingly huge errors could happen even in such competitions as Olympic Games. After the WR holder Betty Heidler threw a way over 75m line […]
That was an amazing discus battle what we have seen tonight. World champion, European champion, Olympic champion, and all within 365 days: Robert Harting takes gold with 68,27m, Ehsan Hadadi silver 68,18m and Gerd Kanter 68,03 SB wins bronze! The 2012 Olympic Discus Final was one of the best ones in Olympic History! All medalists […]
Moldavian Hammer Thrower Marina Marghieva has been cancelled from the Olympic team of Moldova after a positive doping sample. This was announced by the Head of the National Olympic Committee, Nikolai Zhuravsky. A statement from the International Olympic Committee (IOC) is still pending. In addition to Marghieva, the discus thrower Natalia Artyk has been tested […]
The Polish Shot Putter Tomasz Majewski took Gold with 21,89m! David Storl became second with his new personal best of 21,86m and the american Reese Hoffa takes bronce with 21,23m. All in all this Shot Put Final was an epic battle! The promising Americans couldn’t show their best performances during the whole final. The first […]
London 2012 – Athletics, Day 1 Men´s shot put qualification ended up with Reese Hoffa´s win with 21.36m. Probably the most nerve racking experience went to Canadian team when Dylan Armstrong qualified with his final attempt of 20.49m. David Storl qualified with 21.15m and Tomasz Majewski followed him with 21.03m. The interesting fact is that […]
Today the 8th Schönebecker Solecup was held in Schönebeck, Germany. Martin Wierig competed against his German fellow throwers Markus Münch, Daniel Jasinski, Christoph Harting and Gordon Wolf. He launched a personal best in the second round with 68,33m. Martin Wierig launched with his first attempt already a new PB of 67,66m which would ranked him […]
Zoltan Kovago became the second Hungarian discus thrower to be kicked out of the Olympics on Thursday after he refused to undergo a drugs test, the country’s athletics federation said. Kogavo, who was a silver medallist at the 2004 Olympics in Athens, refused to provide a test sample, a move deemed as a positive test […]
- RUMOR: IAAF Hoping to Drop Hammer from Olympics March 13, 2014
- How the USA adapted in the Shot Put post-1995 and Why We Didn’t Adapt in the Discus March 9, 2014
- USA Hammer Throwing Needs a USA Approach [Part 1] March 20, 2014
- Kathrin Klaas: Positionpaper Hammerthrow – Integration of the hammer throw September 9, 2013
- Javelin Throw Debate May 16, 2013
andreas thorkildsen Anna Rüh benn harradine betty heidler christian cantwell christina schwanitz daegu 2011 david storl diamond league Discus discus throw dylan armstrong ehsan hadadi erik cadee gerd kanter Hammer hammer throw iaaf world challenge jacko gill javelin throw kathrin klaas kibwe johnson lawrence okoye Linda Stahl london 2012 Martin Wierig mart israel matthias de zordo Nadine Mülller Olympic Games omar el ghazaly piotr malachowski reese hoffa robert fazekas robert harting ryan whiting samsung diamond league sandra perkovic shot put tero pitkamaki tomasz majewski valerie adams virgilijus alekna World Champion world championships
- https://Www.youtube.com/watch?v=PDcrWqh-y70 says: From the massive damage of a rocket strike, to minimal destruction...
- Jelly Splash Cheats says: We are a group a group of volunteers...
- says: There is a discussion going on which you can better follow...
- says: There is a discussion going on which you can better follow...
- Alan Wardsworth says: I have been a high school hammer coach for a while...
- Missouri Conquers Kansas April 19, 2014Feedquote from Throwholics News: „Chirstian Cantwell won the Kansas Street Meet with the best mark in the world of 21.36M. Returning from a serious elbow injury and late in his career Cantwell didn’t hold back barely fouling some near 22m throws.…Odysseus
- Welcome to the biggest throwing community in the World!!! April 19, 2014Hey guys, thank you for joining the largest, yet most close-knit and multi-national throwing community in the world. Within this thread we will welcome from now on every single user! You guys can also reply and like a special welcome post if you want…coco23
- low gs aqua 11s person who April 19, 2014Producing it was simply because ques of enthusiasts along with sneaker leads set with delay times leading to a true launch with the Yeezys for that reason statistically speaking just the first 3000 people today ended up probable to acquire a sniff at…coco23
- Matt Marcoccia | technique analysis (video) April 18, 2014youtube.com/watch?v=EqTFIVG8zrk This is from my meet last week I'm still working out a lot of things after being out for so long. My main issues right now are popping up out of the back and not having wide right leg out of the back. If there is…Matt Marcoccia
- The 2nd Summer Olympic Youth Games April 18, 2014Does anyone know if this is legit? It's their second year and they just had qualifying. Why you would have qualifying in th emiddle of high school track season in the US is beyond me. It says 15-17 but the marks aren't that good for that age 178' in disc…Bill Pendleton
- Odysseus' Corner April 17, 2014Hello everybody, all my smash-mouth and spirited banter aside, I am going to try to post to this thread once or twice daily covering everything that I think is pertinent to success in the shot put. This may be applied from the youth/junior level to high…Odysseus
- Throwing Shoes April 16, 2014Nike zoom SD3 VS Nike rotational 5 Which do you prefer and why Which would you suggest me to buy...? P.S. Do you like the new look of nike's 2014 (Pink??? i think) collection ?GTheo
- Formula for calculating distance for shot put and discus April 15, 2014hi the following web page calculates the distance for a shotput throw given angle, height of release and speed of release. There is a similar one for discus. Does anyone know what the excel formula for this would be? The reason I want this is I can…Odysseus
- Prefontaine Men's Shot Put Field - why not expand to 8? April 15, 2014The current field of six shot putters for the Prefontaine Classic is as follows: Reese Hoffa (USA) Ryan Whiting (USA) Dylan Armstrong (Canada) Tomasz Majewski (Poland) David Storl (Germany) Ladislav Prasil (Czech Republic) How about expanding the…Odysseus
- What is your favourite discus? April 15, 2014I would like to know what is or has been your favourite discus you used to throw? We do have the developer of Denfi @Denfi sport registered here. It might be interesting for him to see your opinions as well. We would also like to hear why you picked…Matt Marcoccia
- Missouri Conquers Kansas April 19, 2014
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets