The men’s discus competition at the 2014 European Championships in Zurich, Switzerland was not as expected at all. Sure, one would have guessed that the German star Robert Harting would bring home gold (66,02m). But the current leader in the top list, Piotr Malachowski, did not get a medal which was a surprise for everyone. […]
Tagged: gerd kanter
Being a thrower who slowly found his way to some decent performances, I feel that I am qualified to elaborate on several issues that may hold USA and other discus throwers back from medalist caliber standards. John Smith touched on a section of these issues in How the USA Adapted……. Coach Smith hits the nail on the […]
Diamond League meet in Zürich was held yesterday. It was a final for discus throwers and turned out as surprise. Gerd Kanter won with his best this year 67.02m and jackpotted to 50000$. Robert Harting was second with 66.83m. “I am not angry, at least my bag is full on chocolate” he said. Kanter was […]
World champion Robert Harting was interviewed by ERR yesterday. The discus master was optimistic about the final and sees his main competitors for the final are the Pole Piotr Malachowski and Estonian Gerd Kanter. “Malachowski appeared in shape and Kanter is very stable. I am still unstable at 68m throws. Let´s see what happens tomorrow (today, Sunday), […]
Former Soviet´s World Record Holder and six-fold Soviet Champion Juri Dumtšev believes that Gerd Kanter is still capable to throw farther than Jurgen Schult´s world record 74.08m. “Schult´s world record is fantastic, no doubt in that. Back in that time it was unbelievable. Once I thought Alekna or Kanter will break it, but Kanter is […]
During a bittersweet day for throwing fans, one man’s big throws were beaten by one throw in Hengelo. Sweet, in that the mighty Pole Piotr Malachowski rode the winds to a glorious PB and world leading throw of 71,84m (235′ 8″). Bitter, in that fan favorite and overall great guy Robert Harting’s win streak came […]
- RUMOR: IAAF Hoping to Drop Hammer from Olympics March 13, 2014
- How the USA adapted in the Shot Put post-1995 and Why We Didn’t Adapt in the Discus March 9, 2014
- USA Hammer Throwing Needs a USA Approach [Part 1] March 20, 2014
- Kathrin Klaas: Positionpaper Hammerthrow – Integration of the hammer throw September 9, 2013
- Javelin Throw Debate May 16, 2013
andreas thorkildsen Anna Rüh benn harradine betty heidler christian cantwell christina schwanitz daegu 2011 david storl diamond league Discus discus throw dylan armstrong ehsan hadadi erik cadee gerd kanter Hammer hammer throw jacko gill javelin throw Julia Fischer kathrin klaas kibwe johnson lawrence okoye Linda Stahl london 2012 Martin Wierig mart israel matthias de zordo Melina Robert-Michon Nadine Mülller Olympic Games piotr malachowski reese hoffa robert harting ryan whiting samsung diamond league sandra perkovic Shanice Craft shot put tero pitkamaki tomasz majewski valerie adams virgilijus alekna World Champion world championships
- gagner de l argent aujourd hui says: Hi, of course this paragraph is genuinely nice and I have...
- Jim Coxworth says: I am a former hammer thrower that is trying to start...
- wayne says: Depends on your techniques and the rings you throw in. Most...
- wayne says: Hi Great write up and for the most part lots of great...
- 2014 US Championships Men’s Throws Guide « HMMR Media says: […] not broken the barrier is world indoor champion and defending...
- Q & A with coach Mike Turk on the new American Record September 1, 2014Feedquote from Throwholics News: „Mendota, Illinois – Following Gia Lewis-Smallwood‘s new American Record 69,17m (226′ 11′) in France, thereby stamping herself as one of the great discus throwers ever, we asked her coach, Mike Turk, how it…Throwholics Bot
- Lawrence Okoye - World Class Throwers Snagged By National Football League August 31, 2014Feedquote from Throwholics News: „2012 London Olympian Discus tosser Lawrence Okoye and 2006 World Junior Champion Margus Hunt have signed with National Football League Organizations. Okoye Signed with the San Francisco 49’ers while Hunt will play…Auton Bullips
- Sandra Perković (Croatia) | news & notes August 31, 2014I do not see one for her yet. Perkovic, Simic and Vlasic provide big local interest in Zagreb - IAAF World Challenge | iaaf.orgAuton Bullips
- Welcome to the biggest throwing community in the World!!! August 30, 2014Hey guys, thank you for joining the largest, yet most close-knit and multi-national throwing community in the world. Within this thread we will welcome from now on every single user! You guys can also reply and like a special welcome post if you want…Throwholics Bot
- Gia Lewis-Smallwood sets USR 69,17m (226′ 11″) August 30, 2014Feedquote from Throwholics News: „Valence, France – Gia Lewis-Smallwood went to Melina Robert-Michon‘s backyard and showed the Europeans how to throw the discus at the DecaNation meet… slinging the 1kg out to 69,17m, well clear…Throwholics Bot
- Dani Samuels (Australia) | news & notes August 30, 2014News and notes about the world champion Aussie, Dani Samuels.Meg Mulder
- Brian Oldfield (USA) "The Big O" and all that involves August 30, 2014Feedquote from Throwholics News: „Brian Oldfield via Facebook July 17 at 10:15am · I would like to discuss the South African as an element of the liner method of throwing either shot or discus. This pathway is achieved best facing the center of…Sam Fillious
- Chase for 2015 Peking WC Additional Qualfiers August 30, 2014What countries have more than three IAAF additional qualifiers in a throwing event? The 2014 Diamond League winners get a free pass to Peking that does not count against the country's three entires Women Shot Put - Discus - Germany? Hammer - Javelin -…Dirk Walsh
- Women's Shot Put | 2014 Zürich EC August 29, 2014Women's Shot Put | 2014 Zürich ECnekkari
- ALS Ice Bucket Challenge August 28, 2014Hey everyone, within this thread we can collect the Track & Field athletes who take part in the great ALS Ice Bucket Challenge. Share any video which is related to the ALS Ice Bucket Challenge performed by an Track & Field athlete. The rules: Quote:…Thomas Johnson
- Q & A with coach Mike Turk on the new American Record September 1, 2014
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets