Most of the ones following Track & Field/Athletics know about the fact that Diamond League meeting organisers do not care for the hammer throwing event. They are still not part of the Diamond League and who knows if they ever will be. Throwholics strongly suggest to do everything possible to include the hammer throw and […]
Tagged: diamond league
Diamond League meet in Zürich was held yesterday. It was a final for discus throwers and turned out as surprise. Gerd Kanter won with his best this year 67.02m and jackpotted to 50000$. Robert Harting was second with 66.83m. “I am not angry, at least my bag is full on chocolate” he said. Kanter was […]
Today at the New York Diamond League meeting Sandra Perkovic threw 68,48m (224′ 8″), which is not only a new world lead but also the meeting record. The previous meeting record was 63,97m held by Stephanie Brown-Trafton from May 2009. Sandra Perkovic, of Croatia, had won the discus at the opening Diamond League meeting in […]
Hammer thrower Kathrin Klaas will open her season this Sunday May 19th at the throwing meeting in Fränkisch-Crumbach. The following interview will cover her preparation for the season, why she still competes for LG Eintrach Frankfurt and what she thinks about her new training partner Markus Esser. Question: Kathrin, you have been in Split, Croatia […]
The first leg of the Diamond League Meeting in Doha, Qatar was a full success. The meeting records, world leading throws and national records let the Diamond League of Doha shine. Sandra Perkovic was able to throw a new meeting record and a massive world lead of 68.23m (223′ 10″). Her complete set was: 67.37m […]
Olympic champion Keshorn Walcott will open his season at the inaugural TnT Elite Twighlight Meet at the Hasely Crawford Stadium on May 3. Walcott will be competing in his first meet since his historic gold medal performance at the 2012 Olympic Games in London, last August where he struck gold in the men’s javelin with […]
The Olympic Champion Gerd Kanter won the Diamond League final in Brussel held today. His best throw was measured 66.84m. As the main rivals for overall victory and 40,000$ gave up the competition it was easier for Kanter, although the German young talent Martin Wierig was putting up a fight with 66.05m. Of course, Kanter´s […]
The Olympic Champion 2008 Gerd Kanter has secured himself a second place finish in overall Diamond League standings. He is leading the list with 11p ahead of his closest rival Ehsan Hadadi (6p). BUT, in case of bad coincidences he can fall into 2nd. Below are 4 black scenarios called Ehsan Hadadi, Virgilijus Alekna, Piotr […]
- RUMOR: IAAF Hoping to Drop Hammer from Olympics March 13, 2014
- How the USA adapted in the Shot Put post-1995 and Why We Didn’t Adapt in the Discus March 9, 2014
- Nike Throwing Shoes, What’s the Difference? June 2, 2013
- Kathrin Klaas: Positionpaper Hammerthrow – Integration of the hammer throw September 9, 2013
- USA Hammer Throwing Needs a USA Approach [Part 1] March 20, 2014
andreas thorkildsen Anna Rüh benn harradine betty heidler christian cantwell christina schwanitz daegu 2011 david storl diamond league Discus discus throw dylan armstrong ehsan hadadi erik cadee gerd kanter Hammer hammer throw jacko gill javelin throw Julia Fischer kathrin klaas kibwe johnson lawrence okoye Linda Stahl london 2012 Martin Wierig mart israel matthias de zordo Melina Robert-Michon Nadine Mülller Olympic Games piotr malachowski reese hoffa robert harting ryan whiting samsung diamond league sandra perkovic Shanice Craft shot put tero pitkamaki tomasz majewski valerie adams virgilijus alekna World Champion world championships
- cara merebus daun sirsak says: Thanks for another informative site. Where else may I am...
- daun binahong says: Woah! I'm really digging the template/theme of this blog. It's simple, yet...
- Leola says: Sheds are used to store lawn equipment, garden tools, pots, seeds,...
- marketing objectives examples says: wonderful put up, very informative. I wonder why the opposite experts...
- My Free Zoo Hack says: I don't know if it's just me or if perhaps everyone...
- Welcome to the biggest throwing community in the World!!! August 27, 2014Hey guys, thank you for joining the largest, yet most close-knit and multi-national throwing community in the world. Within this thread we will welcome from now on every single user! You guys can also reply and like a special welcome post if you want…Throwholics Bot
- Throwing Frequency in Training August 27, 2014Does throwing everyday make you more prone to getting injuriedOdysseus
- ALS Ice Bucket Challenge August 26, 2014Hey everyone, within this thread we can collect the Track & Field athletes who take part in the great ALS Ice Bucket Challenge. Share any video which is related to the ALS Ice Bucket Challenge performed by an Track & Field athlete. The rules: Quote:…Florian van Dijck
- Women's Hammer | 2014 Zürich EC August 26, 2014Women's Hammer | 2014 Zürich ECnekkari
- Asian Games prep August 23, 2014Well, Seema is back in Southern California for a 5 week camp in preparation for the Asian Games. She took a week off after her Silver medal performance at the Common Wealth Games and now we are starting back at it and looking for some more hardware. We…Tony Ciarelli
- African Championships 2014 | Marrakech, Morocco August 21, 2014How did it go?orazio
- David Storl: “Lost my technical line” August 20, 2014Feedquote from Throwholics News: „First day, first gold medal: David Storl added after the World Championship gold in 2013 his second European Championships gold in Zurich, Switzerland: 21.41 meters. David Storl reveals in this interview why he did…Throwholics Bot
- Lena Urbaniak has the knack August 20, 2014Feedquote from Throwholics News: „Lena Urbaniak did it. After international success among the youth (U18) and Junior (U20) years the 21-year-old made is now for the first time in the national team of adults. Her recipe for success: fun and joy. Lena…Throwholics Bot
- The Writing on The Wall August 19, 2014Feedquote from Throwholics News: „Before we had the image recording software of today throwers yearned to see themselves throw, to see others throw and to make themselves look like the throws they could see throwing. Old film strips were often kept and…Throwholics Bot
- Linda Stahl hopes for change of mind at the ISTAF August 19, 2014Feedquote from Throwholics News: „The well known ISTAF meeting in Berlin is scheduled for the 31st of August this year. Unfortunately, the women’s javelin is not part of the current meeting program. Nevertheless, the meeting organiser promised to…Throwholics Bot
- Welcome to the biggest throwing community in the World!!! August 27, 2014
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets