Most of the ones following Track & Field/Athletics know about the fact that Diamond League meeting organisers do not care for the hammer throwing event. They are still not part of the Diamond League and who knows if they ever will be. Throwholics strongly suggest to do everything possible to include the hammer throw and […]
Tagged: diamond league
Diamond League meet in Zürich was held yesterday. It was a final for discus throwers and turned out as surprise. Gerd Kanter won with his best this year 67.02m and jackpotted to 50000$. Robert Harting was second with 66.83m. “I am not angry, at least my bag is full on chocolate” he said. Kanter was […]
Today at the New York Diamond League meeting Sandra Perkovic threw 68,48m (224′ 8″), which is not only a new world lead but also the meeting record. The previous meeting record was 63,97m held by Stephanie Brown-Trafton from May 2009. Sandra Perkovic, of Croatia, had won the discus at the opening Diamond League meeting in […]
Hammer thrower Kathrin Klaas will open her season this Sunday May 19th at the throwing meeting in Fränkisch-Crumbach. The following interview will cover her preparation for the season, why she still competes for LG Eintrach Frankfurt and what she thinks about her new training partner Markus Esser. Question: Kathrin, you have been in Split, Croatia […]
The first leg of the Diamond League Meeting in Doha, Qatar was a full success. The meeting records, world leading throws and national records let the Diamond League of Doha shine. Sandra Perkovic was able to throw a new meeting record and a massive world lead of 68.23m (223′ 10″). Her complete set was: 67.37m […]
Olympic champion Keshorn Walcott will open his season at the inaugural TnT Elite Twighlight Meet at the Hasely Crawford Stadium on May 3. Walcott will be competing in his first meet since his historic gold medal performance at the 2012 Olympic Games in London, last August where he struck gold in the men’s javelin with […]
The Olympic Champion Gerd Kanter won the Diamond League final in Brussel held today. His best throw was measured 66.84m. As the main rivals for overall victory and 40,000$ gave up the competition it was easier for Kanter, although the German young talent Martin Wierig was putting up a fight with 66.05m. Of course, Kanter´s […]
The Olympic Champion 2008 Gerd Kanter has secured himself a second place finish in overall Diamond League standings. He is leading the list with 11p ahead of his closest rival Ehsan Hadadi (6p). BUT, in case of bad coincidences he can fall into 2nd. Below are 4 black scenarios called Ehsan Hadadi, Virgilijus Alekna, Piotr […]
- RUMOR: IAAF Hoping to Drop Hammer from Olympics March 13, 2014
- How the USA adapted in the Shot Put post-1995 and Why We Didn’t Adapt in the Discus March 9, 2014
- USA Hammer Throwing Needs a USA Approach [Part 1] March 20, 2014
- Kathrin Klaas: Positionpaper Hammerthrow – Integration of the hammer throw September 9, 2013
- Javelin Throw Debate May 16, 2013
andreas thorkildsen Anna Rüh benn harradine betty heidler christian cantwell christina schwanitz daegu 2011 david storl diamond league Discus discus throw dylan armstrong ehsan hadadi erik cadee gerd kanter Hammer hammer throw jacko gill javelin throw Julia Fischer kathrin klaas kibwe johnson lawrence okoye Linda Stahl london 2012 Martin Wierig mart israel matthias de zordo Melina Robert-Michon Nadine Mülller Olympic Games piotr malachowski reese hoffa robert harting ryan whiting samsung diamond league sandra perkovic Shanice Craft shot put tero pitkamaki tomasz majewski valerie adams virgilijus alekna World Champion world championships
- dancing online says: Hey there! Would you mind if I share your blog with...
- gagner de l argent aujourd hui says: Hi, of course this paragraph is genuinely nice and I have...
- Jim Coxworth says: I am a former hammer thrower that is trying to start...
- wayne says: Depends on your techniques and the rings you throw in. Most...
- wayne says: Hi Great write up and for the most part lots of great...
- Q & A with coach Mike Turk on the new American Record September 1, 2014Feedquote from Throwholics News: „Mendota, Illinois – Following Gia Lewis-Smallwood‘s new American Record 69,17m (226′ 11′) in France, thereby stamping herself as one of the great discus throwers ever, we asked her coach, Mike Turk, how it…Throwholics Bot
- Lawrence Okoye - World Class Throwers Snagged By National Football League August 31, 2014Feedquote from Throwholics News: „2012 London Olympian Discus tosser Lawrence Okoye and 2006 World Junior Champion Margus Hunt have signed with National Football League Organizations. Okoye Signed with the San Francisco 49’ers while Hunt will play…Auton Bullips
- Sandra Perković (Croatia) | news & notes August 31, 2014I do not see one for her yet. Perkovic, Simic and Vlasic provide big local interest in Zagreb - IAAF World Challenge | iaaf.orgAuton Bullips
- Welcome to the biggest throwing community in the World!!! August 30, 2014Hey guys, thank you for joining the largest, yet most close-knit and multi-national throwing community in the world. Within this thread we will welcome from now on every single user! You guys can also reply and like a special welcome post if you want…Throwholics Bot
- Gia Lewis-Smallwood sets USR 69,17m (226′ 11″) August 30, 2014Feedquote from Throwholics News: „Valence, France – Gia Lewis-Smallwood went to Melina Robert-Michon‘s backyard and showed the Europeans how to throw the discus at the DecaNation meet… slinging the 1kg out to 69,17m, well clear…Throwholics Bot
- Dani Samuels (Australia) | news & notes August 30, 2014News and notes about the world champion Aussie, Dani Samuels.Meg Mulder
- Brian Oldfield (USA) "The Big O" and all that involves August 30, 2014Feedquote from Throwholics News: „Brian Oldfield via Facebook July 17 at 10:15am · I would like to discuss the South African as an element of the liner method of throwing either shot or discus. This pathway is achieved best facing the center of…Sam Fillious
- Chase for 2015 Peking WC Additional Qualfiers August 30, 2014What countries have more than three IAAF additional qualifiers in a throwing event? The 2014 Diamond League winners get a free pass to Peking that does not count against the country's three entires Women Shot Put - Discus - Germany? Hammer - Javelin -…Dirk Walsh
- Women's Shot Put | 2014 Zürich EC August 29, 2014Women's Shot Put | 2014 Zürich ECnekkari
- ALS Ice Bucket Challenge August 28, 2014Hey everyone, within this thread we can collect the Track & Field athletes who take part in the great ALS Ice Bucket Challenge. Share any video which is related to the ALS Ice Bucket Challenge performed by an Track & Field athlete. The rules: Quote:…Thomas Johnson
- Q & A with coach Mike Turk on the new American Record September 1, 2014
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets