Diamond League meet in Zürich was held yesterday. It was a final for discus throwers and turned out as surprise. Gerd Kanter won with his best this year 67.02m and jackpotted to 50000$. Robert Harting was second with 66.83m. “I am not angry, at least my bag is full on chocolate” he said. Kanter was […]
Tagged: diamond league
Today at the New York Diamond League meeting Sandra Perkovic threw 68,48m (224′ 8″), which is not only a new world lead but also the meeting record. The previous meeting record was 63,97m held by Stephanie Brown-Trafton from May 2009. Sandra Perkovic, of Croatia, had won the discus at the opening Diamond League meeting in […]
Hammer thrower Kathrin Klaas will open her season this Sunday May 19th at the throwing meeting in Fränkisch-Crumbach. The following interview will cover her preparation for the season, why she still competes for LG Eintrach Frankfurt and what she thinks about her new training partner Markus Esser. Question: Kathrin, you have been in Split, Croatia […]
The first leg of the Diamond League Meeting in Doha, Qatar was a full success. The meeting records, world leading throws and national records let the Diamond League of Doha shine. Sandra Perkovic was able to throw a new meeting record and a massive world lead of 68.23m (223′ 10″). Her complete set was: 67.37m […]
Olympic champion Keshorn Walcott will open his season at the inaugural TnT Elite Twighlight Meet at the Hasely Crawford Stadium on May 3. Walcott will be competing in his first meet since his historic gold medal performance at the 2012 Olympic Games in London, last August where he struck gold in the men’s javelin with […]
The Olympic Champion Gerd Kanter won the Diamond League final in Brussel held today. His best throw was measured 66.84m. As the main rivals for overall victory and 40,000$ gave up the competition it was easier for Kanter, although the German young talent Martin Wierig was putting up a fight with 66.05m. Of course, Kanter´s […]
The Olympic Champion 2008 Gerd Kanter has secured himself a second place finish in overall Diamond League standings. He is leading the list with 11p ahead of his closest rival Ehsan Hadadi (6p). BUT, in case of bad coincidences he can fall into 2nd. Below are 4 black scenarios called Ehsan Hadadi, Virgilijus Alekna, Piotr […]
The Olympic champion Robert Harting won DL meet held in Birmingham today. Harting secured his 32th in-a-row victory with 66.64m effort that put him ahead of Estonia´s Gerd Kanter (65.79m). Virgilijus Alekna was third with 65.63m. DL standings: KANTER 11p HADADI 6p ALEKNA 5p
- How the USA adapted in the Shot Put post-1995 and Why We Didn’t Adapt in the Discus March 9, 2014
- Is the Rotational Shot Put Technique the Next Step Forward for US Women? March 9, 2014
- Melina Robert Michon throws 64,12m at French Nationals March 9, 2014
- New Zealand’s Queen Reigns Supreme (Again) March 8, 2014
- Benn Harradine opens season with 65,24m WL March 8, 2014
- Kathrin Klaas: Positionpaper Hammerthrow – Integration of the hammer throw September 9, 2013
- Javelin Throw Debate May 16, 2013
- World lead for Julian Wruck with impressive 66.32m! April 16, 2013
- Secrets, Stories and The Frontier of Throwing (Long Read) September 4, 2013
- Germán Lauro improves the national record to 20,98m April 27, 2013
andreas thorkildsen Anna Rüh benn harradine betty heidler christian cantwell christina schwanitz daegu 2011 david storl diamond league Discus discus throw dylan armstrong ehsan hadadi erik cadee gerd kanter Hammer hammer throw iaaf world challenge jacko gill javelin throw jurgen schult kathrin klaas kibwe johnson lawrence okoye london 2012 Martin Wierig mart israel matthias de zordo Nadine Mülller Olympic Games omar el ghazaly piotr malachowski reese hoffa robert fazekas robert harting ryan whiting samsung diamond league sandra perkovic shot put tero pitkamaki tomasz majewski valerie adams virgilijus alekna World Champion world championships
- hantu tok mudim says: Quality posts is the secret to invite the people to visit...
- Bassfly says: Today he tossed the 7,26 kg ball 18.26 m, and supposedly...
- Bassfly says: He says that in training he has already thrown over 20...
- Tom lithgow says: John coached me in the early 80's at San Jose state...
- Daily News Roundup: Teams Matter | Daily Relay says: […] German discus thrower Nadine Müller recently came out and married...
Piotr Malachowski 71,84m Robert Harting 69,91m Benn Harradine 68,20m Julian Wruck 68,16m Martin Wierig 67,46m Ehsan Hadadi 66,98m Gerd Kanter 66,97m Brett Morse 66,84m Lois M. Martinez 66,98m Casey Malone 66,00m Ryan Whiting 22.28m Reese Hoffa 21.71m Justin Rodhe 21.29m Germán Lauro 21.26m Ryan Crouser 21.09m Kurt Roberts 20.98m Joe Kovacs 20.82m Georgi Ivanov 20.75m Tim Nedow 20.74m Marin Premeru 20.59m
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets