The reigning Olympic champion Gerd Kanter proved his unsuccess few days ago at the Diamond League meet in Stockholm was just a bad day. Today he grabbed Gold at the Estonian Championships held in Tallinn. His winning throw was recorded at 67.27m. The second Estonian discus giant Märt Israel landed on Silver after two fouls […]
Monthly Archive: July 2011
The African Champion Omar El-Ghazaly is struggeling with the left adductor injury which causes pain during his training sessions. It started to get too severe so El-Ghazaly went to a doctor and who made MRI which detected an inflammation in the left pubic ligament and a bone which need a straightaway treatment. El-Ghazaly who has […]
Christian Cantwell, shot put´s own David “The Hayemaker” Haye, likes to go straight and say out loud everything he really thinks. Here´s the interview with Christian Cantwell after the Samsung Diamond League (DN Galan 2011) meet held in Stockholm. Cantwell´s lifetime best in the shot put is 22.54m. He is the reigning indoor and outdoor […]
Zoltan Kovago, the Hungarian Olympic silver medalist 2004, threw a massive 69.50m in Budapest, at the Budapest Grand Prix 2011. It is also a new world lead, Robert Harting was the previous leader with 68.99m. Kovago´s lifetime best is 69.95m, his previous season´s best was 65.26m. The competition was strong as the Lithuanian double Olympic […]
The Estonian leader of the men´s javelin throw Risto Matas had to acknowledge the superiority of Mihkel Kukk at the Estonian Championships 2011. Mtas has a season´s best of 80.41m. Today his best was 76.01m which was less than Mihkel Kukk´s winning throw 76.76m. It is an interesting situation that Mtas has the B-standard of […]
Norwegian double Olympic champion Andreas Thorkildsen won the Diamond League meet held yesterday in Stockholm. His best throw in the second round 88.43m is also a new world leading result this year. It is not much to say Thorkildsen competed in the “one man competition” as the second place was taken by Matthias De Zordo […]
Virgilijus Alekna of Lithuania, the double Olympic and World champion with a lifetime best of 73.88m, which puts him into the second place in the world´s all-time list, won at the Samsung Diamond League competition held in Stockholm under the name of DN Galan 2011. Remarkable is that all the best discus throwers, except the […]
11th leg of the Samsung Diamond League will be held today in Stockholm. Throwholics will have a live coverage from the men´s discus and javelin. View timetable! Startlists are strong so don´t miss the competition. Live results will appear HERE!
- RUMOR: IAAF Hoping to Drop Hammer from Olympics March 13, 2014
- How the USA adapted in the Shot Put post-1995 and Why We Didn’t Adapt in the Discus March 9, 2014
- USA Hammer Throwing Needs a USA Approach [Part 1] March 20, 2014
- Kathrin Klaas: Positionpaper Hammerthrow – Integration of the hammer throw September 9, 2013
- Javelin Throw Debate May 16, 2013
andreas thorkildsen Anna Rüh benn harradine betty heidler christian cantwell christina schwanitz daegu 2011 david storl diamond league Discus discus throw dylan armstrong ehsan hadadi erik cadee gerd kanter Hammer hammer throw iaaf world challenge jacko gill javelin throw kathrin klaas kibwe johnson lawrence okoye Linda Stahl london 2012 Martin Wierig mart israel matthias de zordo Nadine Mülller Olympic Games omar el ghazaly piotr malachowski reese hoffa robert fazekas robert harting ryan whiting samsung diamond league sandra perkovic shot put tero pitkamaki tomasz majewski valerie adams virgilijus alekna World Champion world championships
- https://Www.youtube.com/watch?v=PDcrWqh-y70 says: From the massive damage of a rocket strike, to minimal destruction...
- Jelly Splash Cheats says: We are a group a group of volunteers...
- says: There is a discussion going on which you can better follow...
- says: There is a discussion going on which you can better follow...
- Alan Wardsworth says: I have been a high school hammer coach for a while...
- Missouri Conquers Kansas April 20, 2014Feedquote from Throwholics News: „Chirstian Cantwell won the Kansas Street Meet with the best mark in the world of 21.36M. Returning from a serious elbow injury and late in his career Cantwell didn’t hold back barely fouling some near 22m throws.…Odysseus
- Welcome to the biggest throwing community in the World!!! April 19, 2014Hey guys, thank you for joining the largest, yet most close-knit and multi-national throwing community in the world. Within this thread we will welcome from now on every single user! You guys can also reply and like a special welcome post if you want…coco23
- Matt Marcoccia | technique analysis (video) April 18, 2014youtube.com/watch?v=EqTFIVG8zrk This is from my meet last week I'm still working out a lot of things after being out for so long. My main issues right now are popping up out of the back and not having wide right leg out of the back. If there is…Matt Marcoccia
- The 2nd Summer Olympic Youth Games April 18, 2014Does anyone know if this is legit? It's their second year and they just had qualifying. Why you would have qualifying in th emiddle of high school track season in the US is beyond me. It says 15-17 but the marks aren't that good for that age 178' in disc…Bill Pendleton
- Odysseus' Corner April 17, 2014Hello everybody, all my smash-mouth and spirited banter aside, I am going to try to post to this thread once or twice daily covering everything that I think is pertinent to success in the shot put. This may be applied from the youth/junior level to high…Odysseus
- Throwing Shoes April 16, 2014Nike zoom SD3 VS Nike rotational 5 Which do you prefer and why Which would you suggest me to buy...? P.S. Do you like the new look of nike's 2014 (Pink??? i think) collection ?GTheo
- Formula for calculating distance for shot put and discus April 15, 2014hi the following web page calculates the distance for a shotput throw given angle, height of release and speed of release. There is a similar one for discus. Does anyone know what the excel formula for this would be? The reason I want this is I can…Odysseus
- Prefontaine Men's Shot Put Field - why not expand to 8? April 15, 2014The current field of six shot putters for the Prefontaine Classic is as follows: Reese Hoffa (USA) Ryan Whiting (USA) Dylan Armstrong (Canada) Tomasz Majewski (Poland) David Storl (Germany) Ladislav Prasil (Czech Republic) How about expanding the…Odysseus
- What is your favourite discus? April 15, 2014I would like to know what is or has been your favourite discus you used to throw? We do have the developer of Denfi @Denfi sport registered here. It might be interesting for him to see your opinions as well. We would also like to hear why you picked…Matt Marcoccia
- Ahmed El Karmoty | technique analysis (video) April 14, 2014youtube.com/watch?v=XqYODeODazAOdysseus
- Missouri Conquers Kansas April 20, 2014
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets