The reigning Olympic champion Gerd Kanter proved his unsuccess few days ago at the Diamond League meet in Stockholm was just a bad day. Today he grabbed Gold at the Estonian Championships held in Tallinn. His winning throw was recorded at 67.27m. The second Estonian discus giant Märt Israel landed on Silver after two fouls [...]
Monthly Archive: July 2011
The African Champion Omar El-Ghazaly is struggeling with the left adductor injury which causes pain during his training sessions. It started to get too severe so El-Ghazaly went to a doctor and who made MRI which detected an inflammation in the left pubic ligament and a bone which need a straightaway treatment. El-Ghazaly who has [...]
Christian Cantwell, shot put´s own David “The Hayemaker” Haye, likes to go straight and say out loud everything he really thinks. Here´s the interview with Christian Cantwell after the Samsung Diamond League (DN Galan 2011) meet held in Stockholm. Cantwell´s lifetime best in the shot put is 22.54m. He is the reigning indoor and outdoor [...]
Zoltan Kovago, the Hungarian Olympic silver medalist 2004, threw a massive 69.50m in Budapest, at the Budapest Grand Prix 2011. It is also a new world lead, Robert Harting was the previous leader with 68.99m. Kovago´s lifetime best is 69.95m, his previous season´s best was 65.26m. The competition was strong as the Lithuanian double Olympic [...]
The Estonian leader of the men´s javelin throw Risto Matas had to acknowledge the superiority of Mihkel Kukk at the Estonian Championships 2011. Mtas has a season´s best of 80.41m. Today his best was 76.01m which was less than Mihkel Kukk´s winning throw 76.76m. It is an interesting situation that Mtas has the B-standard of [...]
Norwegian double Olympic champion Andreas Thorkildsen won the Diamond League meet held yesterday in Stockholm. His best throw in the second round 88.43m is also a new world leading result this year. It is not much to say Thorkildsen competed in the “one man competition” as the second place was taken by Matthias De Zordo [...]
Virgilijus Alekna of Lithuania, the double Olympic and World champion with a lifetime best of 73.88m, which puts him into the second place in the world´s all-time list, won at the Samsung Diamond League competition held in Stockholm under the name of DN Galan 2011. Remarkable is that all the best discus throwers, except the [...]
11th leg of the Samsung Diamond League will be held today in Stockholm. Throwholics will have a live coverage from the men´s discus and javelin. View timetable! Startlists are strong so don´t miss the competition. Live results will appear HERE!
Top 10 2013
Robert Harting 68,31m Benn Harradine 68,20m Piotr Malachowski 67,34m Martin Wierig 66,50m Julian Wruck 66,32m Jason Morgan 65,94m Rutger Smith 65,91m Vikas Gowda 65,82m Ronald Juliao 65,55m Brett Morse 64,97m Ryan Whiting 22.28m Reese Hoffa 21.71m Justin Rodhe 21.29m Germán Lauro 21.26m Ryan Crouser 21.09m Kurt Roberts 20.98m Joe Kovacs 20.82m Georgi Ivanov 20.75m Tim Nedow 20.74m Marin Premeru 20.59m
- Olympic champion Lysenko wins women’s hammer throw at IAAF World Challenge May 21, 2013
- Men UK Javelin Update – 20th May 2013 May 21, 2013
- Christina Obergföll opened season with 64,53m May 21, 2013
- Nadine Müller’s reason for not competing at the Werfer Cup 2013 May 20, 2013
- Men’s Hammer Throw 2000 versus 2012: the numbers May 20, 2013
- Javelin Throw Debate May 16, 2013
- World lead for Julian Wruck with impressive 66.32m! April 16, 2013
- Shot Put talents from Germany following David Storl’s footsteps April 27, 2013
- Waltzing To Victory: An Interview With Luke Bryant April 16, 2013
- Germán Lauro improves the national record to 20,98m April 27, 2013
andreas thorkildsen Anna Rüh benn harradine betty heidler bigbank kuldliiga christian cantwell daegu 2011 david storl diamond league Discus discus throw dylan armstrong ehsan hadadi erik cadee gerd kanter Hammer hammer throw iaaf world challenge jacko gill javelin throw julian wruck keshorn walcott kibwe johnson lawrence okoye london 2012 Martin Wierig mart israel matthias de zordo Nadine Mülller Olympic Games omar el ghazaly piotr malachowski reese hoffa robert fazekas robert harting rutger smith ryan whiting samsung diamond league sandra perkovic shot put tero pitkamaki tomasz majewski valerie adams virgilijus alekna world championships
- adam says: I think the good throwers of our time are just getting...
- Sadok Anani says: Like Axel Harstedt said , Zelezny pushed the other guys to...
- Axel Härstedt says: When comparing the olympic seasons of 1988-2012 one can find the...
- Axel Härstedt says: During the 27 seasons since the rule change there are 25...
- Stephen Simalchik says: This idea seems interesting, but I don't feel like you've fully...
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets