The reigning Olympic champion Gerd Kanter proved his unsuccess few days ago at the Diamond League meet in Stockholm was just a bad day. Today he grabbed Gold at the Estonian Championships held in Tallinn. His winning throw was recorded at 67.27m. The second Estonian discus giant Märt Israel landed on Silver after two fouls […]
Monthly Archive: July 2011
The African Champion Omar El-Ghazaly is struggeling with the left adductor injury which causes pain during his training sessions. It started to get too severe so El-Ghazaly went to a doctor and who made MRI which detected an inflammation in the left pubic ligament and a bone which need a straightaway treatment. El-Ghazaly who has […]
Christian Cantwell, shot put´s own David “The Hayemaker” Haye, likes to go straight and say out loud everything he really thinks. Here´s the interview with Christian Cantwell after the Samsung Diamond League (DN Galan 2011) meet held in Stockholm. Cantwell´s lifetime best in the shot put is 22.54m. He is the reigning indoor and outdoor […]
Zoltan Kovago, the Hungarian Olympic silver medalist 2004, threw a massive 69.50m in Budapest, at the Budapest Grand Prix 2011. It is also a new world lead, Robert Harting was the previous leader with 68.99m. Kovago´s lifetime best is 69.95m, his previous season´s best was 65.26m. The competition was strong as the Lithuanian double Olympic […]
The Estonian leader of the men´s javelin throw Risto Matas had to acknowledge the superiority of Mihkel Kukk at the Estonian Championships 2011. Mtas has a season´s best of 80.41m. Today his best was 76.01m which was less than Mihkel Kukk´s winning throw 76.76m. It is an interesting situation that Mtas has the B-standard of […]
Norwegian double Olympic champion Andreas Thorkildsen won the Diamond League meet held yesterday in Stockholm. His best throw in the second round 88.43m is also a new world leading result this year. It is not much to say Thorkildsen competed in the “one man competition” as the second place was taken by Matthias De Zordo […]
Virgilijus Alekna of Lithuania, the double Olympic and World champion with a lifetime best of 73.88m, which puts him into the second place in the world´s all-time list, won at the Samsung Diamond League competition held in Stockholm under the name of DN Galan 2011. Remarkable is that all the best discus throwers, except the […]
11th leg of the Samsung Diamond League will be held today in Stockholm. Throwholics will have a live coverage from the men´s discus and javelin. View timetable! Startlists are strong so don´t miss the competition. Live results will appear HERE!
- RUMOR: IAAF Hoping to Drop Hammer from Olympics March 13, 2014
- How the USA adapted in the Shot Put post-1995 and Why We Didn’t Adapt in the Discus March 9, 2014
- Kathrin Klaas: Positionpaper Hammerthrow – Integration of the hammer throw September 9, 2013
- USA Hammer Throwing Needs a USA Approach [Part 1] March 20, 2014
- Javelin Throw Debate May 16, 2013
andreas thorkildsen Anna Rüh benn harradine betty heidler christian cantwell christina schwanitz daegu 2011 david storl diamond league Discus discus throw dylan armstrong ehsan hadadi erik cadee gerd kanter Hammer hammer throw iaaf world challenge jacko gill javelin throw kathrin klaas kibwe johnson lawrence okoye Linda Stahl london 2012 Martin Wierig mart israel matthias de zordo Nadine Mülller Olympic Games omar el ghazaly piotr malachowski reese hoffa robert fazekas robert harting ryan whiting samsung diamond league sandra perkovic shot put tero pitkamaki tomasz majewski valerie adams virgilijus alekna World Champion world championships
- adom travail says: Heya i'm for the first time here. I found this board...
- Larry Donahue says: We are seeing the greatest group of young shot putters in...
- says: There is a discussion going on which you can better follow...
- says: There is a discussion going on which you can better follow...
- Alan Wardsworth says: I have been a high school hammer coach for a while...
- Matt Marcoccia | technique analysis (video) April 25, 2014youtube.com/watch?v=EqTFIVG8zrk This is from my meet last week I'm still working out a lot of things after being out for so long. My main issues right now are popping up out of the back and not having wide right leg out of the back. If there is…Sam Healy
- Weight Room # | Who Lifts How Much? April 25, 2014Even though we all know the bars and plates are just one part of throwing far, we all like to know everyones' training loads. Post your numbers. Post numbers you read about. Post numbers you hear about. Add videos and links.Sandy Preto
- Justin Rodhe (Canada) | news and notes April 25, 2014Feedquote from Throwholics News: „Ask Justin and Coach Denard questions in the discussion thread. http://social.throwholics.com/index.php/Thread/4197-Justin-Rodhe-Canada-news-and-notes/ Zylstra: Were you satisfied with your training in 2013? Rodhe: No,…Norm Zylstra
- Raven Saunders (USA) | news & notes April 25, 2014This article fits here. Feedquote from Throwholics News: „Raven Saunders Shakes-Up the States moves to 4th in the world coming into 2014 After watching her 2013 season best of 12,01m (39′ 5”) falling well short of her 12,92m (42′ 5”) from…Norm Zylstra
- Tom Walsh (New Zealand) news & notes April 25, 2014Feedquote from Throwholics News: „A few weeks back 21-year-old New Zealander Tom Walsh punched his ticket to Poland with a useful 20.61m (67′ 7½”), well clear of the world indoor qualifying mark of 20.30m (66′ 7¼”). That was just another…José Sanchez
- Who Wants to be Recruited? Leave Your Vitals in this Thread. April 24, 2014What are you guys' opinions on the US collegiate system, and or any recommendations on colleges or any other information would be great.Sam Healy
- Welcome to the biggest throwing community in the World!!! April 24, 2014Hey guys, thank you for joining the largest, yet most close-knit and multi-national throwing community in the world. Within this thread we will welcome from now on every single user! You guys can also reply and like a special welcome post if you want…Throwholics Bot
- Benn Harradine (Australia) news & notes April 24, 2014Feedquote from Throwholics News: „The Australien discus thrower Benn Harradine just updated his website with another interesting blog post. You wanna know how Benn Harradine smells like? Then checkout his latest post. Our senses give us some bizarre…Dylan Wilson
- The 2nd Summer Olympic Youth Games April 24, 2014Does anyone know if this is legit? It's their second year and they just had qualifying. Why you would have qualifying in th emiddle of high school track season in the US is beyond me. It says 15-17 but the marks aren't that good for that age 178' in disc…Florian van Dijck
- David Storl (Germany) news & notes April 23, 2014David Storl just posted a new video to Facebook on which he did 400kg (~880lbs) legpress. Is that impressive? Do you guys have other videos of throwers who might do even more than that? facebook.com/photo.php?v=673624252689085Florian van Dijck
- Matt Marcoccia | technique analysis (video) April 25, 2014
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets