Mendota, Illinois – Following Gia Lewis-Smallwood‘s new American Record 69,17m (226′ 11′) in France, thereby stamping herself as one of the great discus throwers ever, we asked her coach, Mike Turk, how it came about. Yesterday Throwholics shared some of the nuts and bolts, today we share a Q & A. Gia Lewis-Smallwood sets USR 69,17m (226′ 11″) […]
Valence, France – Gia Lewis-Smallwood went to Melina Robert-Michon‘s backyard and showed the Europeans how to throw the discus at the DecaNation meet… slinging her Nishi platter out to 69,17m (226′ 11′), well clear of Robert-Michon‘s 62,86m (206′ 2″). Gia shared, “Very huge thank you to my coach [Mike Turk]! I would be lost without him. He is testimony to the […]
First day, first gold medal: David Storl added after the World Championship gold in 2013 his second European Championships gold in Zurich, Switzerland: 21.41 meters. David Storl reveals in this interview why he did not seemed to be satisfied over defending his gold medal at the European Championships and when the 22m mark will finally fall. David […]
Lena Urbaniak did it. After international success among the youth (U18) and Junior (U20) years the 21-year-old made is now for the first time in the national team of adults. Her recipe for success: fun and joy. Lena Urbaniak know what it feels like to stand on the podium. The 21-year-old was not only repeatedly […]
Before we had the image recording software of today throwers yearned to see themselves throw, to see others throw and to make themselves look like the throws they could see throwing. Old film strips were often kept and copied by athletes and coaches and could easily be played forwards and backwards and at different speeds. […]
The well known ISTAF meeting in Berlin is scheduled for the 31st of August this year. Unfortunately, the women’s javelin is not part of the current meeting program. Nevertheless, the meeting organiser promised to get all German medal winners to compete at the ISTAF 2014. Linda Stahl, who placed third at the European Championships in […]
In response to this article: Shanice Craft shakes the German discus-throne Nadine Müller, Germany’s best discus thrower, recently had weaker results. In training Nadine always scolds about herself. Now there is also a German youngstar, Shanice Craft, sitting in her neck. The discs do not really fly as she wants them to. It does not […]
Markus Münch is one of the top discus throwers in Germany. In the past couple of years he represented Germany at international championships such as the Olympic Games, World Championships and European Championships. Nevertheless, this year was different. Germany is well known for its great variety of discus throwers. Every country has three spots per […]
- RUMOR: IAAF Hoping to Drop Hammer from Olympics March 13, 2014
- How the USA adapted in the Shot Put post-1995 and Why We Didn’t Adapt in the Discus March 9, 2014
- USA Hammer Throwing Needs a USA Approach [Part 1] March 20, 2014
- Kathrin Klaas: Positionpaper Hammerthrow – Integration of the hammer throw September 9, 2013
- Javelin Throw Debate May 16, 2013
andreas thorkildsen Anna Rüh benn harradine betty heidler christian cantwell christina schwanitz daegu 2011 david storl diamond league Discus discus throw dylan armstrong ehsan hadadi erik cadee gerd kanter Hammer hammer throw jacko gill javelin throw Julia Fischer kathrin klaas kibwe johnson lawrence okoye Linda Stahl london 2012 Martin Wierig mart israel matthias de zordo Melina Robert-Michon Nadine Mülller Olympic Games piotr malachowski reese hoffa robert harting ryan whiting samsung diamond league sandra perkovic Shanice Craft shot put tero pitkamaki tomasz majewski valerie adams virgilijus alekna World Champion world championships
- simcity 4 cheats apple says: Today, I went to the beach front with my children. I...
- Jim Coxworth says: I am a former hammer thrower that is trying to start...
- wayne says: Depends on your techniques and the rings you throw in. Most...
- wayne says: Hi Great write up and for the most part lots of great...
- 2014 US Championships Men’s Throws Guide « HMMR Media says: […] not broken the barrier is world indoor champion and defending...
- Q & A with coach Mike Turk on the new American Record September 1, 2014Feedquote from Throwholics News: „Mendota, Illinois – Following Gia Lewis-Smallwood‘s new American Record 69,17m (226′ 11′) in France, thereby stamping herself as one of the great discus throwers ever, we asked her coach, Mike Turk, how it…Throwholics Bot
- Lawrence Okoye - World Class Throwers Snagged By National Football League August 31, 2014Feedquote from Throwholics News: „2012 London Olympian Discus tosser Lawrence Okoye and 2006 World Junior Champion Margus Hunt have signed with National Football League Organizations. Okoye Signed with the San Francisco 49’ers while Hunt will play…Auton Bullips
- Sandra Perković (Croatia) | news & notes August 31, 2014I do not see one for her yet. Perkovic, Simic and Vlasic provide big local interest in Zagreb - IAAF World Challenge | iaaf.orgAuton Bullips
- Welcome to the biggest throwing community in the World!!! August 30, 2014Hey guys, thank you for joining the largest, yet most close-knit and multi-national throwing community in the world. Within this thread we will welcome from now on every single user! You guys can also reply and like a special welcome post if you want…Throwholics Bot
- Gia Lewis-Smallwood sets USR 69,17m (226′ 11″) August 30, 2014Feedquote from Throwholics News: „Valence, France – Gia Lewis-Smallwood went to Melina Robert-Michon‘s backyard and showed the Europeans how to throw the discus at the DecaNation meet… slinging the 1kg out to 69,17m, well clear…Throwholics Bot
- Dani Samuels (Australia) | news & notes August 30, 2014News and notes about the world champion Aussie, Dani Samuels.Meg Mulder
- Brian Oldfield (USA) "The Big O" and all that involves August 30, 2014Feedquote from Throwholics News: „Brian Oldfield via Facebook July 17 at 10:15am · I would like to discuss the South African as an element of the liner method of throwing either shot or discus. This pathway is achieved best facing the center of…Sam Fillious
- Chase for 2015 Peking WC Additional Qualfiers August 30, 2014What countries have more than three IAAF additional qualifiers in a throwing event? The 2014 Diamond League winners get a free pass to Peking that does not count against the country's three entires Women Shot Put - Discus - Germany? Hammer - Javelin -…Dirk Walsh
- Women's Shot Put | 2014 Zürich EC August 29, 2014Women's Shot Put | 2014 Zürich ECnekkari
- ALS Ice Bucket Challenge August 28, 2014Hey everyone, within this thread we can collect the Track & Field athletes who take part in the great ALS Ice Bucket Challenge. Share any video which is related to the ALS Ice Bucket Challenge performed by an Track & Field athlete. The rules: Quote:…Thomas Johnson
- Q & A with coach Mike Turk on the new American Record September 1, 2014
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets