Chirstian Cantwell won the Kansas Street Meet with the best mark in the world of 21.36M. Returning from a serious elbow injury and late in his career Cantwell didn’t hold back barely fouling some near 22m throws. Kurt Roberts was second with a near life time best of 21.23M while Reese Hoffa was third with […]
With rivals Stam Scarvelis (15,88m/ 52′ 1″, 52,60m/ 172′ 7″) and Ashlie Blake (15,66m/ 51′ 4″, 50,62m/ 166′ 1″) locking horns at the Arcadia Invitational on the west coast; South Carolinian Raven Saunders upped her US high school record of 17,26m (56′ 7½”) with a fantastic 17.27m (56′ 8¼”). “In my shot out warm-up I threw a South African throw that was around 54′ and my full throws […]
Couple of days ago the highly awaited duel between the New Zealand shot putters Tom Walsh and Jacko Gill took place. Tom Walsh won the competition with 20,79m (68′ 2″) followed by Jacko Gill 19,93m (65′ 4″). Atheletics New Zealand uploaded a video to YouTube and Didier Poppe added a great comment which Throwholics thinks […]
In a long expected turn of events the International Amateur Athletic Federation (IAAF) has included men’s and women’s hammer events in the 2014 Diamond League schedule. “What were we thinking!?” said IAAF president Lamine Diack while wearing his Rob Roeder buckskin hammer glove, “Everyone knows we all love the hammer and enjoy throwing all weights and wire lengths are […]
As series of ideas addressing hammer throwing in the United States: <social.throwholics discussion> by You All USA Hammer Throwing Needs a USA Approach [Part 1] by John Smith March 20th, 2014 The American Way March 24, 2014/ by Martin Bingisser USA Hammer Throwing Needs a USA Approach [Part 2] by John Smith March 25th, 2014 […]
At the Texas Relays competition that just finished a short while ago, Fedrick Dacres from UWI Mona (Jamaica) took the world lead in the men’s discus with a throw of 66.75m! This was fantastic collegiate competition. Julian Wruck representing UCLA by way of Australia finished 2nd with 65.01m, and another Jamaican Chad Wright from The […]
Today was the 2014 Queensland Track Classic event in Brisbane, Australia. This event brought up some crazy results. Not only increased the Australian discus thrower Benn Harradine the WL to 65,94m (216′ 4″) but also Matthew Denny came close to break the 60m (196′ 10″) mark for the first time. Everyone was expecting Benn Harradine […]
Being a thrower who slowly found his way to some decent performances, I feel that I am qualified to elaborate on several issues that may hold USA and other discus throwers back from medalist caliber standards. John Smith touched on a section of these issues in How the USA Adapted……. Coach Smith hits the nail on the […]
- RUMOR: IAAF Hoping to Drop Hammer from Olympics March 13, 2014
- How the USA adapted in the Shot Put post-1995 and Why We Didn’t Adapt in the Discus March 9, 2014
- USA Hammer Throwing Needs a USA Approach [Part 1] March 20, 2014
- Kathrin Klaas: Positionpaper Hammerthrow – Integration of the hammer throw September 9, 2013
- Javelin Throw Debate May 16, 2013
andreas thorkildsen Anna Rüh benn harradine betty heidler christian cantwell christina schwanitz daegu 2011 david storl diamond league Discus discus throw dylan armstrong ehsan hadadi erik cadee gerd kanter Hammer hammer throw iaaf world challenge jacko gill javelin throw kathrin klaas kibwe johnson lawrence okoye Linda Stahl london 2012 Martin Wierig mart israel matthias de zordo Nadine Mülller Olympic Games omar el ghazaly piotr malachowski reese hoffa robert fazekas robert harting ryan whiting samsung diamond league sandra perkovic shot put tero pitkamaki tomasz majewski valerie adams virgilijus alekna World Champion world championships
- https://Www.youtube.com/watch?v=PDcrWqh-y70 says: From the massive damage of a rocket strike, to minimal destruction...
- Jelly Splash Cheats says: We are a group a group of volunteers...
- says: There is a discussion going on which you can better follow...
- says: There is a discussion going on which you can better follow...
- Alan Wardsworth says: I have been a high school hammer coach for a while...
- Missouri Conquers Kansas April 19, 2014Feedquote from Throwholics News: „Chirstian Cantwell won the Kansas Street Meet with the best mark in the world of 21.36M. Returning from a serious elbow injury and late in his career Cantwell didn’t hold back barely fouling some near 22m throws.…Odysseus
- Welcome to the biggest throwing community in the World!!! April 19, 2014Hey guys, thank you for joining the largest, yet most close-knit and multi-national throwing community in the world. Within this thread we will welcome from now on every single user! You guys can also reply and like a special welcome post if you want…coco23
- low gs aqua 11s person who April 19, 2014Producing it was simply because ques of enthusiasts along with sneaker leads set with delay times leading to a true launch with the Yeezys for that reason statistically speaking just the first 3000 people today ended up probable to acquire a sniff at…coco23
- Matt Marcoccia | technique analysis (video) April 18, 2014youtube.com/watch?v=EqTFIVG8zrk This is from my meet last week I'm still working out a lot of things after being out for so long. My main issues right now are popping up out of the back and not having wide right leg out of the back. If there is…Matt Marcoccia
- The 2nd Summer Olympic Youth Games April 18, 2014Does anyone know if this is legit? It's their second year and they just had qualifying. Why you would have qualifying in th emiddle of high school track season in the US is beyond me. It says 15-17 but the marks aren't that good for that age 178' in disc…Bill Pendleton
- Odysseus' Corner April 17, 2014Hello everybody, all my smash-mouth and spirited banter aside, I am going to try to post to this thread once or twice daily covering everything that I think is pertinent to success in the shot put. This may be applied from the youth/junior level to high…Odysseus
- Throwing Shoes April 16, 2014Nike zoom SD3 VS Nike rotational 5 Which do you prefer and why Which would you suggest me to buy...? P.S. Do you like the new look of nike's 2014 (Pink??? i think) collection ?GTheo
- Formula for calculating distance for shot put and discus April 15, 2014hi the following web page calculates the distance for a shotput throw given angle, height of release and speed of release. There is a similar one for discus. Does anyone know what the excel formula for this would be? The reason I want this is I can…Odysseus
- Prefontaine Men's Shot Put Field - why not expand to 8? April 15, 2014The current field of six shot putters for the Prefontaine Classic is as follows: Reese Hoffa (USA) Ryan Whiting (USA) Dylan Armstrong (Canada) Tomasz Majewski (Poland) David Storl (Germany) Ladislav Prasil (Czech Republic) How about expanding the…Odysseus
- What is your favourite discus? April 15, 2014I would like to know what is or has been your favourite discus you used to throw? We do have the developer of Denfi @Denfi sport registered here. It might be interesting for him to see your opinions as well. We would also like to hear why you picked…Matt Marcoccia
- Missouri Conquers Kansas April 19, 2014
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets